Nov 11, 2013

Crazy About Lipstick Tag

This tag is filled with a bunch of questions about lip products! I got this tag idea from a wonderful blogger Mary from Tutorials, Hauls, Reviews, N'at. You can check out her blog here. She does a lot of great reviews and always seems to get really great swatch photos, so head on over there too!

1. How many lipsticks do you have in your collection?
22

2. How old were you when you started using lipstick?
I can't be certain, but I was about 15.

3. What's a lipstick you can't live without?
MAC Viva Glam Cyndi. It is like my lips but better, I love it so much!

4. Show a lipstick you use to stand out.
Lancome Color Fever in Rock Icon Fuchsia. It is such a vibrant hot pink and it has the most incredible blue undertone/shine to it.

5. What was the last lipstick you bought?
Well, I just ordered a lipstick palette from Impulse cosmetics last night. I haven't received it yet, but technically that's it.

6. What lipstick do you regret buying?
NYX Narcissus lipstick. It looked like a perefect baby pink when I got it, and it is, but it looks ridiculous on me. It is too pale a pink, with my yellowy undertone.

7. What is your favourite lipstick at this moment?
Well, that has to be Impulse Cosmetics Smoking Gun lipstick. I have never worn blue lips before and this dark, wearable navy blue is a good jumping off point.

8. Your most expensive and inexpensive lipstick:
Lancome Color Fever in Rock Icon Fuchsia and I'm not sure what the cheapest one was, probably one of my Revlon lipsticks.

9. Show a lipstick that you love.
L'Oreal Colour Riche in British Red. I have been using this red for years and I still love it.

10. Do you like, love, or are you addicted to lipsticks?
It is a love that is quickly turning to obsession.

11. What lipstick reminds you of someone special?
Lancome Le Rouge Absolu in Peche reminds me of my grandmother, who was very important to me. She loved Lancome products and her bathroom was filled with lovely smelling creams and cosmetics and most of all lipsticks. Peach was her favourite shade, and when she passed away, I bought this because it reminded me so much of her. I don't think she ever went a day without putting on some lipstick.

12. What was your first lipstick?
I can't remember the exact name of it, but it was a Maybelline Moisture Whip in some sort of dusty rose colour.

13. What is your favourite brand of lipstick?
That's a tough one. Right now I would have to say it is a 3-way tie. Impulse Cosmetics for the crazy shade range, MAC for the quality and feel, and NYX for their accessibility.

14. What is your favourite finish?
Matte, or sometimes satin

15. How many lip products (everything) do you currently have in your handbag?
4: MAC's Cyber and Impulse Cosmetics Psychedelic, to create a ombre lip. A chapstick pot, and a Hard Candy Lip Lacquer in Rated R.

16. How do you store your lipsticks?
They all live in a large makeup bag that is for lipsticks only. I am working on finding better makeup storage soon.

17. What lip products are you currently lusting after?
OCC Lips Tars for sure.

Well that was it! I had a lot of fun doing this post. I got to go through all my lipsticks, which I haven't done in a while. Thank you to Mary for the wonderful idea!

I tag everyone reading this post! It was fun, so you should try it! If you do, let me know in the comments. A shout out about where you got the idea wouldn't hurt either! :)

9 comments:

  1. What a fun post. 22 is quite a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I sat down to count them thinking "Oh I'll have maybe 15 tops" I was kind of surprised!

      Delete
  2. Great answers! I'm happy you enjoyed the tag =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lip products too and your list gave me some ideas of new ones to try and some new brands!
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love MAC Viva Glam Cyndi!
    Lipsticks are blushes are my main obsessions! =)

    <3
    http://www.blushology.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't live without it! I don't know what I will do when I run out...

      Delete
  5. I have a draft of this tag saved ready to be posted, I just need to get around to taking pictures :) I need to try Nyx lipsticks, I've only ever tried one of their jumbo lip crayons but it was in completely the wrong colour for me so havent had chance to wear it much. I'm glad they're starting to be a bit more accessible in the UK because everything looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX is a really good brand for a lot of things! Lip products especially. I'm glad you will be able to try the brand out!

      Delete