Nov 19, 2013

Quick Look/Tutorial: Mostly Neutrals For Fall


I think I finally managed to do a really good neutral look! If you have been reading my blog, you may know I have been on the hunt for a good neutral palette. I still haven't found a big palette that I love yet, but I have been doing my best to play with more nudes and neutrals anyways. This is what I came up with today, and I really love it. I think it is great for fall.



To do this look I did use my new MAC Stroke of Midnight Eyes in Smoky. I used a few colours from that and a few from my BH Cosmetics 88 matte palette. I started by priming my eyes with my Impulse Cosmetics Glam Glue. I have actually really started to like this as an eyeshadow base! It does a great job of making things stick and it won't crease if you use a small enough amount.

I began with a medium pinky beige all over the lid from the BH 88 palette and I topped that with Retrospeck from the MAC palette. This is a nice shimmery taupe colour and I used it over a matte shade because I didn't want that much shimmer tonight. I put Well Put Together, a nice dark brown from the MAC palette, in my crease and blended it out quite a bit with a fluffy brush. I took a pointed crease brush and used a dark cranberry red from the BH palette to darken the crease further, and then put a dark burgundy purple in the outer corner and a bit into the crease. I then blended everything out further with a fluffy brush. I used Well Put Together again on the outer 2/3 of my bottom lid and highlighted my inner corners with Chillproof from the MAC palette. This has quickly become my new favourite highlight for my eyes this season. It is so pearly and eye-catching that I think it is perfect for the holidays. I used the same pink-beige that I started with to highlight my browbone and blend all the edges out a bit more. To finish I lined my waterline with a white eyeliner and put on mascara.

For foundation I used my new Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick. On my cheeks I put the most neutral matte pink from the glamorous blush palette all over my cheeks and contoured a little bit with the bronzy shade. I then topped my cheeks off with a little bit of the MAC Mineralize Blush in Talk Of The Town, which gave them a really nice pearly glow that the camera didn't pick up very well. On my lips I used a Maybelline Moisture Whip lipstick in Real Raisin. I just dabbed a bit of that on with a finger to make it look sort of like a stain. I also filled my eyebrows in just a little bit with an angled eyeliner brush and some dark brown eyeshadow from the 88 matte palette.


Also, my hair is down for once and doesn't look absolutely terrible! I mean, it doesn't look great... I brushed it right before I took pictures and it somehow made it a bit frizzy and weird. I'm thinking of dyeing it soon too. Not all of it mind you. I tend to pick a few strands and make them crazy colours. You can see remnants of the last time I did that in my bangs there. If anyone has any colours you want to see sticking out of my head soon, let me know in the comments!


Well, that's it for the look! There were lots of pictures this time. I really like how it turned out and for once I actually looked good in most of the pictures I took. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. My eyes look gorgeous! MAC is just the best, especially for nighttime looks. Great post :) Looking forward to more reviews!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! Especially the inner corner being so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. You look gorgeous.
    Follow each other via GF/Bloglovin... follow and leave a comment, i'd follow you right back.
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look sweetie!!!!

    ReplyDelete