Nov 27, 2013

Review: MAC Divine Night Mineralize Blush In Talk of The Town



If you recall, I recently went to a MAC event where the sucked me into buying some products I didn't need. You can read about that misadventure here. Regardless of that, the two products that I got were actually pretty great. I got the Stroke of Midnight Eyes palette in Smoky and the Mineralize Blush in Talk of The Town. The blush is what I will be reviewing today.

The MAC Mineralize Blush in Talk of The Town is a frosty, cool toned, pale pink blush. On the website it is described as a "warm brown base with yellow bronze". I would call this more cool toned than warm, but the bronzy finish does help to warm it up. This is part of their Divine Nights collection and is limited edition. This is what it looks like in the pan with and without flash:



The actual colour in this is pretty sheer. It is a very light pink. This is a swatch on my hand with and without flash:


Once applied to the cheeks it gives a really nice pearly glow. The colour is very sheer. If i apply a couple of layer to my entire cheek it makes a light pink wash with a pearly shimmer to it. I much prefer this as a highlight over top of other blushes, though. Here is what it looks like on my bare cheeks:



As you can see the colour isn't very strong. I think this colour is best as a highlight for most people unless they are very pale. It actually has a slight bronzing effect on me. Here is a close up of my cheek:



So, overall I like this blush quite a bit. The pearly finish it gives to my cheeks makes me look radiant. My only complaint is that the finish can also make any large pores stand out a bit more than usual. For me, this isn't a huge deal though. I think this will be perfect for holiday parties this season!

Have you tried any makeup from the Divine Nights collection? What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous blush! I'm really pale so it would be perfect for me... it looks lovely on you xxx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think it would look great on pale folks.

      Delete
  2. I thought the blushers in this collection were so pretty! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete