Nov 18, 2013

The Hair Chronicles: 4 Weeks Without Shampoo

My hair is not perfect yet.... Why??? This is going to be a very quick post, again with no real pictures. I didn't really see the point in any pictures because you can go to any recent post and see a picture of my greasy bun. I'm starting to get really sick of buns!

I will admit it is getting better, and softer somehow, but I still have greasy patches. I have washed with baking soda about once every week, and for one or two blissful days my hair is beautiful, for the most part. I can wear it down without fear of being seen in public! after that it starts to get some grease patches in it.

If this goes on much longer I may have to break down and shampoo my hair..... I will go as long as I can, but this is harder than I thought it would be!

What do you think? Should I keep trying?

3 comments:

  1. early this year I went for two weeks with using no shampoo on my hair just washing it with conditioner, as it was really dry and messed up from bleach when I went from black hair to blonde. Ive read that not washing your hair at all is actually quite bad for it because of bacteria and things accumulate on the scalp, I think if you use a moisturising shampoo you should be fine rather than not washing it at all. If it's working for you thats the main thing, but I know my hair would end up even drier and more prone to breaking without washing it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've been using baking soda as directed to keep nasty bacteria at bay, but yeah, it's just not working so far.

      Delete
  2. Keep trying!!! I'm curious....

    ReplyDelete