Dec 14, 2013

Quick Look: Basic Makeup For My Sore Eye

So yesterday I started to get some sort of horrible stinging lump on my eye. I don't really know what it is yet, but it hurts. It is on the bottom lid and I still had to work, so I needed at least a little makeup. This is the most basic eye look I could come up with. It is literally 1 shadow and a very thin coat of mascara on the upper lashes only. The eyeshadow I used was from the HIP Bright eyeshadow duo in Adventurous. It is a light champagne beige with a satiny shimmer finish. I then used a light coral from the BH Cosmetics Glamorous Blush palette on my cheeks. So, here it is:

See? My eye really doesn't look great... I'm hoping it goes away in a day or two, if not I'll head to the doctor. I had a hard time putting concealer under that eye without rubbing it at all, but I think it looked alright in the end. You can see it isn't as good as the other side though. I really wanted my makeup to be washed off as easily as possible so I wouldn't irritate my eye any more trying to get it off.

This all came off with one light swipe of makeup remover, so mission accomplished. Hopefully my eye will be better soon so I can do some more holiday makeup looks.

And on a completely unrelated note.... I got another package in the mail!!! Man the second I complained they all started arriving. Reminding me to whine more in the future. :P This one is from Impulse Cosmetics. I bought four more lipsticks.

I think I have a problem.... I bought like half of their shades in less than 2 months. They are so good though! This is just a little sneak peek. I will have a full review of these shades up in the next few days.

That's all for today. I work late tonight, but have the next few days off, so hopefully I can get a few makeup looks finished!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sounds like it could be a stye... have you tried putting hot compresses on it? I get those once in a blue moon and it's no fun. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what it is. I will hot compress it tonight! Thank you for the advice.

      Delete