Feb 9, 2014

Quick Look: Crimpin' Like It's 1999!

If you were a young girl in the 90s you probably remember putting your hair up in a bunch of braids overnight to get crimped hair at least once. Or maybe you got a crimping iron or something fancy (well lah dee dah! :P). I was thinking about that last night which eventually led to me actually doing my hair! This is what ended up happening:

This picture was actually taken the next morning after I had slept on it. This is 4 french braids. The 2 in the back are slightly bigger. I decided on just a few larger braids instead of a bunch all over, so I wouldn't get overly frizzy hair.

This is also a makeup look because I did my makeup before letting down my hair. I used my Lunatick Cosmetic Labs Jack's Nightmare palette and the black from the Asylum City palette. On my lips is Permafrost by Impulse Cosmetics.

That's my super serious face at the end there.

I'm really pleased with how my hair turned out! I wish I owned smaller elastics so I could have braided it right to the end, but that it the only problem I have with it. The ends are straight for a few inches, oh well. I really like this hair look on me and think I will be doing it a lot more often, since it was so easy!

So, that's it for today. I hope you liked my wavy 90s hair! :P

14 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love it, I also tried this before and it didn't work lol. I did the braids tight and everything but I didn't get as much crimp!

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is less effective on naturally curly hair. Probably cuz your hair is awesome enough already lol!

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT! Makes me miss long hair. I also like the drama of your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that last pick was extra dramatic This look was fun for me!

      Delete
  3. I think the crimped hair and your signature blue lip made a beautiful combo! :) Love it!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a feeling I'll be doing it again. :)

      Delete
  4. What a throwback! Great look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt! I always wish it was the 90s though.

      Delete
  5. You are so ready for a Lifetouch yearbook photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing this post makes me miss the 90s! =(

    Great post! I love how your hair turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESS! Bring the 90s hair back!! Your eye makeup looks beautiful by the way :)

    ReplyDelete